Saturday, March 2, 2013

2-5 March

Hi Everyone,

I'm heading back home to Boston for a few days to help out on some family items and to attend a special award ceremony for my 14 year-old daughter (she's getting 2 MA state level awards for her artwork).

I've left my bike & gear in Midland, TX and will be back on the road cycling on Wednesday, 6 March.  Please check back that evening for cycling updates on 6 March.  From Midland I'll be riding for another 3.5 weeks heading toward the final destination of St Augustine, FL (and will continue to update the blog daily).

In the meantime, here are a few examples of my daughter's work.  Pretty cool (yep, I'm biased, as is my wife!).

Thanks for everyone's support, encouragement and interest in the ride (2000 views on the blogsite now) - that is helping me tremendously on the rides!!  I hope everyone is enjoying the pictures.

Jeff



These digital drawings are all started by a free hand drawing (which she scans into a computer) and then she uses a combination of programs (Adobe Photoshop CS6, GIMP, SAI) to create multiple layers (e.g. 20-30+) like a CAD program to create these pictures on our MAC at home!









This is a painting (digitized here) - award winning!


This is a colored paper collage (digitized here) - award winning!


This is an animation (the first she's ever created) for a recent school project - this was created using Adobe Photoshop CS6.


No comments:

Post a Comment